rpm -vhF foomatic fails

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 20 17:22:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Harry Putnam wrote:

> Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com> writes:
>
>>> What use is this reference and what does it point to?
>>
>> It is to make sure that you install the version of perl that is
>> necessary for that compiled package.  It dumps perl modules into the
>> file system and the installed perl must be able to load them.
>
> Yup and thanks

BTW: you could have just used yum. for eg - on FC2:

[root at localhost root]# yum -c  /etc/yum.conf.dev upgrade foomatic
Server: Rawhide Development
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Finding obsoleted packages
Resolving dependencies
.Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[update: foomatic 3.0.1-6.i386]
I will install/upgrade these to satisfy the dependencies:
[deps: perl 3:5.8.4-3.i386]
Is this ok [y/N]: