Why is this list so quiet?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 19 22:42:23 UTC 2004

Gerry Tool wrote:
> I have been testing RH/Fedora releases since RHL 7.3.  The mailing lists
> for testing have always been very lively, until this release.  There
> seem to be very few testers posting, and even fewer community developers
> responding.  Is that just my false impression?
>
> I'm concerned that this release and its successors will not receive
> enough criticism to fix bugs that should be caught before the final
> release of FC3.
>
> Gerry Tool

The major issue that I heard from most people on the fedora-list were
that they are downloading a lot of information to use for a short period
of time. Another issue seems to be path from test release to final
release is "not supported" and from one beta into another beta not being
an "approved"upgrade path. Personally, I think their beta paychecks bounced.

Except for vmware on an XP host not being bootable after an installation
  and the now solved buggy BIOS video problem, I think this is a pretty
smooth beta release.

The other bugs that were submitted seem to be resolved or being chased
to squash. Except the vmware installation.

Are vmware installations being considered and being persued? I know they
are virtual machines, but have virtual hardware specs.

Jim

--
May you die in bed at 95, shot by a jealous spouse.

To unsubscribe: