Advice to swithc to xorg from XFree86-4.3.0-59

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 21 02:06:55 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Harry Putnam wrote:

> > can you also do the following (and send the info)?
>
> > rpm -q fedora-release
>
> rpm -q fedora-release
> fedora-release-2-rawhide
>
> > rpm -V fedora-release
>
> rpm -V fedora-release
> /etc/security/selinux/src/policy/file_contexts/file_contexts: No such
> file or directory

Ok - this package is fine - and shouldn't cause any grief.  The next
thing to check is if yum & python are fine (perhaps upgrade yum to the
latest release version).

rpm -q yum python
rpm -V yum python

Also - I'm guessing you are using the yum.conf I've posted earlier
(which doesn't use $releasever or $basearch variables) but yum
stumbles.

If yum still doesn't work - I'll sugest using apt to fix things up.

Satish