Up2date error

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 22 11:03:39 UTC 2004

Mike Chambers wrote:
> I keep seeing this when up2date is run via command line, from a daily
> cron job...
>
> /etc/cron.daily/up2date:
>
> /usr/lib/python2.3/optik.py:8: DeprecationWarning: the optik interface
> is deprecated; please use optparse instead
>   DeprecationWarning)
>
> Anyone else get or see this and/or is there a fix?
>
> [mike at scrappy mike]$ rpm -qa | grep up2date
> up2date-4.3.19-1.1
> up2date-gnome-4.3.19-1.1
>
> [mike at scrappy mike]$ rpm -qa | grep python
> gnome-python2-bonobo-2.0.2-1
> python-2.3.4-4
> python-devel-2.3.4-4
> gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-2.0.2-1
> gnome-python2-2.0.2-1
> rpm-python-4.3.2-0.6
> libxml2-python-2.6.11-1
> gnome-python2-canvas-2.0.2-1

Since the warning is seen and only states this is deprecated, I did not
even consider this an error. Just a notation that soon, optik will be
gone, so switch to optparse soon.

Everything else seemed to be working fine with up2date. It works great,
except for delays while trying to resolve dependacies that cannot be
met. Up2date seems stalled when going on "dead end" searches. It
eventually displays the appropriate error message though.

Jim