gimp - conflicts trying to upgrade - (fc2-test repo)

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 23 11:26:20 UTC 2004

Nils Philippsen wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 05:48, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>There was a package dependency problem.  The message was:
>>
>>Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
>>gimp  2.0.3-0.fc2.1                      requires libcrlayeng.so.1
>>gimp  2.0.3-0.fc2.1                      requires libcroco.so.1
>>gimp  2.0.3-0.fc2.1                      requires libcrseleng.so.2
>>
>>Please modify your package selections and try again.
>>
>>gimp-2.0.2-3 is currently installed.
>

> You use both FC2 stable and FC3 devel repositories. This is not supposed
> to work.
>
> Nils

This is the only program from the FC2 repositories that did not get
pulled in (FC2-test). I believe that there were a few from FC2 which did
get pulled in without conflicts.

It doesn't work in this case. No forced installations of programs were
performed since the FC2 clean install. (Fedora Extras, livna, FC2++)

Thanks! I'll trim the repository list down from including the FC2
repositories. Either that or enabel SELinux on a clean install. (No
outlawed repos)

Are we on a 10 day schedule for getting new test versions? (July 13 + 10
  = today). I am thinking that waiting until FC3T2 would be better for
determining how many problems were solved to date.

How well tested is ftp / http installations of current rawhide?

Jim