Kooka Scanning Problems with Rawhide

Dwaine Garden DwaineGarden at rogers.com
Mon Jul 26 05:46:38 UTC 2004

I'm running the latest version of rawhide.  I've had this problem since
the Fedora Core 2 final testing.

When I load kooka, the scanner scans just fine.  But, there is no output
in the output window.  Even in preview mode, there is no output from the
scanner.   The USB scanner does go through it's excerise of scanning the
paper and acts normally.

I did test out my scanner to see if it was a problem with the libusb.
Using xsane, the scanner scans and outputs the image.  It seems there is
a problem with kooka.  I even tried to uninstall the kdegraphics rpm and
reinstall.  That did not fix the problem.   I tried to get any output
from running kooka from a terminal session.   There was no output from
kooka.

Running KDE 3.2.2-6
Kernel 2.6.7 (custom compile)
kooka 0.42