[FC3] Can yum download progress graph be controlled

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jul 27 02:09:31 UTC 2004

On Monday 26 July 2004 21:03, Harry Putnam wrote:
[...]

>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
>
>> Your terminal proggy is broken.  Try another?
>
>I'm using xterm from xterm-179 (reverted from most recent)
>It wasn't broken before updating.  Do you know or can you guess what
>exactly is broken?

>From where I'm looking at it, it seems to me its doing some sort of a
cr to cr+lf conversion like if it was a M$ product.  I do not know if
there is an xterm even installed here, I've been using konsole since
forever it seems.  Just typeing 'xterm' from a konsole cli here does
open a very small window, with no apparent pulldowns to configure it
at all, black background and teeeeeny white characters.  I'd not find
that overly usefull pretty quickly.  I'd run yum in it to test, but
yum is already putzing around with updateing a fresh FC2 upgrade,
probably take another 2-3 hours.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.