Spamassassin/Evolution under fc3t1

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Wed Jul 28 16:23:09 UTC 2004

Marius Andreiana <mandreiana at rdslink.ro> writes:

> On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 13:34 +0100, Paul wrote:
>> I've just brought over the .spamassassin directory from
>> the other machine and downloading email/checking is still dog slow.
> Same for me, spamassassin uses a lot of cycles. I already disabled
> remote tests from Mail Preferences -> Junk.

My solution for a while now has been to weed out the easy spam with
procmail before it gets to spamassassin.

It can really cut down on the load that goes thru spamassassin
If you are using procmail to invoke spamassassin then just put the
homemade recipes ahead of that one.

If not then spamassassin docu has tips for how to set that up.

There are a number of generic procmail scripts available on line to
get you started.  `google procmail spam recipe' will get you started I
think.

As you experiment you will find more and more traps that will further
ease spamassasins work.