mtrr and ioctl - will patch help?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 30 01:13:11 UTC 2004

I was reading up on mtrr and ioctl because of a problem that I have with
starting X up when my computer is first booted. Google brought up this post.
Subject	PATCH: fix bogus ioctl return in mtrr

This is fairly self explanatory - ENOIOCTLCMD is an internal code
outside of the -1 to -511 range. The correct return for an unknown ioctl
is -ENOTTY
although some Linux devices return the incorrect -EINVAL result.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/7/27/242

My trouble seems to be with my video memory taking a long time to set up
correctly.

Anyway, is there going to be a patched kernel soon to test?

Jim
--
Your object is to save the world, while still leading a pleasant life.