Missing deps on the latest updates

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 31 21:28:56 UTC 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Naheem Zaffar wrote:

> I just looked into /usr/lib and both libcroco.so.2 and libcurl.2 are
> shortcuts to newer versions
>
> libcroco.so.2.10 libcurl.so.2.0.2 are the latest versions imo. I
> renamed these to the needed files and still no luck... does yum not
> check /usr/lib for the files? Any Idea on how to make it?

Why whould you rename files?

-----
Package nautilus needs libcroco.so.2, this is not available.
-----

The above message means:

There is a newer version of libcroco available - but nautilus -
currently depend on the old version of libcroco.

Usually such issues are fixed in subsequent rawhide updates - when
nautilus gets rebuil with the new libcroco (at which point both can be
updated). Remember this is rawhide.

Did you try:
yum --exclude=libcroco --exclude=dbus* --exclude=desktop-printing* --exclude=librsvg2  upgrade

Satish