kernel-source for kernel 2.6.6-1.403

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Wed Jun 2 05:21:28 UTC 2004

On Jun  1, 2004, Arjan van de Ven <arjanv at redhat.com> wrote:

> yes; the yum/update "you can't update to a noarch package for
> kernel-source" mess gets avoided by renaming the package and making it
> obsolete/provide the old name.

Avoided how?  update -u -f still won't update kernel-sourcecode even
though it obsoletes kernel-source.  I don't see that there's an
equivalent of RHN's `Obsoletes' list in yum header.info, and if
up2date doesn't find a reason to download the kernel-sourcecode hdr
file, it won't even know there's something that obsoletes
kernel-source.  Am I missing anything?