kernel-source for kernel 2.6.6-1.403

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jun 8 10:46:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 05:43:13PM +0200, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 17:25, Mike Lurk wrote:
> > I noticed today (on Arjan's site) that there is no kernel-source but
> > there is kernel-sourcecode-2.6.6-1.403. Will that replace the
> > kernel-source.
>
> yes; the yum/update "you can't update to a noarch package for
> kernel-source" mess gets avoided by renaming the package and making it
> obsolete/provide the old name.

Shouldn't that be better fixed in the resolvers? There could be other
cases where this will be needed, where renaming a package will not be
as easy (and kernel-source is a package buildrequired by lots of
kernel module rpms, so the dependency to the obsolted name would remain
for quite long).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net