new kernel for testing

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Jun 9 11:53:38 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 09:28:46AM +0200, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> One of the last minute changes is a series of patches to the input
> subsystem that are supposed to fix a lot of the "tapping my laptops
> touchpad doesn't work" bugs. So please beat hard on this kernel...

Vanilla 2.6.6. was totally broken on the VIA Athlon64 - continual stream
of interrupts on the PS/2 port. The -424 kernel seems to be working in
this situation

However
	-	ide-scsi is STILL missing so my Nakamichi CD changer
		STILL doesn't work (I only first pointed this out for beta1)
	-	powernow-k8 support is missing although the discussion
		as I understand it was that it was now stable
	-	AMI megaraid crashes on boot - should either be disabled
		for x86_64 or AMI's patches applied

I can't easily test the aacraid updates on this box but other than that
it seems an improvement, although its short some rather important and
trivial changes.

Given that the megaraid crash on boot, powernow-k8 and ide-scsi can all
be fixed by sorting out the default .config it would be a shame not to
sort that out. Other stuff like the velocity ethernet driver I can understand
being higher risk, or wanting to wait until it comes in from upstream.

Alan