New kernel fails on thinkpad systems

William Penton wmp1784 at exchange.uta.edu
Thu Jun 10 01:23:39 UTC 2004

Satish Balay wrote:
> I've briefly tried APM suspend - and audio on the 600E (with kernel
> 424) - and it appeared to work fine.

I tried upgrading to that exact same kernel (from the same site too) and
the audio is still broken.  What did I do wrong?  In FC1 I managed to
get sound up and running via an old page I found for Redhat6 and for the
most part getting it to work was painless.  I tried the same thing in
FC2, didn't work anymore.  If you dont mind would you please tell me how
you achieved sound.

Thanks
William Penton
--