New kernel fails on thinkpad systems

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Fri Jun 11 17:01:45 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 22:47 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 05:58:00PM -0400, Peter Jones wrote:
> > .424 on my T41 (2373-9FU) doesn't see keyboard input.  Mouse (joystick
>
> Does the boot option "i8042.nolock" cure this ?

Doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever.

I also notice that acpi suspend doesn't work with this kernel or with
1.374, using either /proc/acpi/sleep or /sys/power/state .  /sys/power/
state at least worked* sometime in mid may (when I wrote my suspend
scripts), but I've no idea what kernel I was running then.

Currently if I do "echo -n mem > /sys/power/state" it looks like it's
suspending, but it immediately comes back up.

* It _is_ a ThinkPad, which means acpi suspend in Linux still keeps the
box pretty warm and chews up battery.  But it at least *looked* like it
works...

--
        Peter

"Sanity's just a one trick pony anyway.  You only get one trick -- rational
thinking -- but when you're good and crazy, the sky's the limit!"
                -- The Tick