Netgear MA111 problem

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Thu Jun 17 12:11:12 UTC 2004

I just went through this ordeal. I made it work by rebuilding the kernel
rpm.

Install the kernel source rpm.

Edit the spec file so it doesn't build the smp kernel.

touch /etc/beehive (look up name in the spec file) so the kernel doesn't
add the username to the kernel version.

rpmbuild -qb <spec-file>

Then tell linux-wlan-ng the kernel source is in
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/...

The above is from memory, you will need to double check commands etc and
read the spec file carefully. I am pretty annoyed at the pain level
required to build this driver, however I felt I gained some insight into
how to rebuild rpm's which offset the pain some :)

Email me of list if you have anymore questions.

Philip