Netgear MA111 problem

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Jun 17 14:25:05 UTC 2004

Hi,

> > It's compiled, it's installed and won't work as the modules are in the
> > "incorrect format".
> >
> > Any way to fix it?
>
> What specific errors do you get?

system-config-network:

The ethernet card could not be initialised. Please verify your settings
and try again.

WARNING: Error inserting p80211 (/lib/modules/2.6.6-1.435/linux-wlan-ng/
p80211.ko): Invalid module format
FATAL: Error inserting prism2_usb (/lib/modules/2.6.6-1.435/linux-wlan-
ng/prism2_usb.ko): Invalid module format

I did as Arjan suggested and pointed the Configure script to the correct
place. Other than having to make one directory, the compilation went
without a hitch.

I did a yum install kernel-sourcecode which placed the source in /usr/
src. What config files do I need to copy into .config? I would have
thought that compiling using the path indicated by Arjan would have
worked.

TTFN

Paul

--
"If I face my God tomorrow, I can tell Him I am innocent.
I've never harmed anyone. I have cheated no one.