FC2 X86 Installation Failing

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Thu Jun 17 20:33:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 01:17:27PM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> I can try to get a better error report transcribed, if that would be
> helpful. But, my main goal is to just get the 64-bit FC2 up and running so
> that I can compile a kernel that will provide me my eyes-free interface.
> Remaining resolutions can certainly follow later--this is the first, all
> important objective.

Really we need to know what is on the screen giving the kernel log.

> So, should I give up on the SIL 3114? Should I find an IDE drive for the
> moment? Or, is there some way to install from the Development tree?

Trying an IDE disk might be useful, if only because you can then stress
the SI3114. I've done an install on a Tyan S2885 with SI3114 and that
worked fine and ran happily for a couple of weeks until the hard disk
failed (hardware failure not Linux)