fc2 - network restart fails - e1000 / Extreme Network Switch

Joe Robertson jrobertson at convera.com
Mon Jun 21 21:43:18 UTC 2004

Kenneth Benson  wrote:

>Hmmmm....are you set for auto-negotiate? Some of the switches I work
with
>(3Coms believe it or not) don't auto-negotiate well at the higher
speed.
>Beyond that I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

I set for 10 or 100 Mb and it works OK - with auto-negotiate enabled or
disabled.  If the switch is set for 1000 Mb, auto-negotate is enabled
with
no option to disable.

-- FYI: I have tried using another distro (SuSE) and I have not found
any of the
numerous networking problems that occur in Fedora.  I think they are all
using the same drivers so it must be the code that calls the drivers...

Joe