new xterm and erase setting

Wed Jun 30 19:23:35 UTC 2004

OOPS - please disregard last message - hit Send by mistake.

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 14:02 -0500, Satish Balay wrote:

> If you mean the 'backspace' key worked with the old version - then yes
> - I can reproduce this.
>
> I have some xterms which I didn't kill after installing the new
> version - so I'm able to comapre (old and new behavior). I also have
> an FC2 box - with 179-6.EL - where I can reproduce the old behavior.

There's definitely something going on here besides stty.  Did the
comparison of stty -a for KDE konsole and xterm 191 and they are the
same except for the size and ixon (XON/XOFF) settings.  Both have "erase
= ^?" yet the xterm has the problems described earlier for emacs -nw and
less while both work as expected in konsole.  Can also reproduce the
old/desirable behavior with xterm-179-6.EL on another box.

Phil