using latest rawhide as snapshot

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Mon Mar 1 10:55:15 UTC 2004

With the latest slip for the next full snapshot (FC2-Test2), I started
thinking about creating my own snapshot from rawhide (development).  This
interest was intensified when I noticed that a lot of new packages where in
rawhide that where not in FC2-test1.  So on Saturday (28 Feb) I grabbed a
copy of Fedora/base/*, Fedora/RPMS/* and bott.iso defom development and
attempted an nfs everything install.

Everything proceeded well until I got to the actual install/  That is, system
configuration, package selection, etc. went OK but the install died when it
actually tried to install the packages.  On my first attempt, it appeared to
die due to some selinux configuration issue.  On my second attempt booting
with selinux=0, it also does but there was no apparent reason.

My download cost does not bother me (remarkable what a 3Mbps cable modem plus
the right mirror site can do).  However, I would prefer not to waste the
bandwidth trying to do this daily.  Therefore, if one of you Red Hat
developers who is knowledgable would mention when the daily snapshot is
particularly installable, it would be appreciated.
--
Gene