x86_64 iso's for Test 2

Pau Aliagas linuxnow at newtral.org
Fri Mar 5 12:10:10 UTC 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Gene C. wrote:

> On Friday 05 March 2004 06:34, Pau Aliagas wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes.
> >
> > I installed the test1 release and now I'm trying to update using yum and
> > the development trees. Will the iso images take very long to appear?
> >
> > To be able to update now I've created two channels in yum conf, one
> > pointing to x86_64 development and another to i386. Is that correct?
>
> The current posted schedule for test2 is 22 March --
> http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/
>
> Yes, updating a x86_64 system requires input from both x86_64 and i386
> repositories.
>
> If you interest is in the x86_64 as oppose to working on FC2, you might want
> to consider sticking with the FC1-test1 and, perhaps, rebuilding some of the
> i386 FC1 updates for the x86_64.  Hopefully, FC1 for the x86_64 will be
> available "real soon now" ;)

I'll install another partition with FC1-test, the one I had before this
massive update. I'm really interested in making my new Acer 1502 laptop
work with fedora.

How can I help better, fc1-test1 + recompiling updates, or development and
keep on upgrading? It looks like test2 will be based on devel, so maybe
it's better to test it and file bugs.

Pau