Fedora ftp site?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Mar 21 22:03:39 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 15:58 -0600, Richard Ayer III wrote:

> Definitely not trivial. I guess the main problem I see with bittorrent here,
> is that a package might get re-updated before you finished the original
> update (if the traffic volume got really high).

bittorrent also needs a good way to restrict the session to just mirror
servers so you can pre-sync the mirrors for releases. it also needs ways
to restrict who you send to so that the mirrors in australia, for
example, don't send a lot of data to people in europe, which is very
expensive for them.

-sv