Post install problems

John Wendel john.wendel at metnet.navy.mil
Thu Mar 25 17:48:41 UTC 2004

On Thursday 25 March 2004 07:56 am, thorn wrote:
> I'm running FC2 Test 1 with mixed results.  Post install resulted in
> some configuration problems.
>
> 1.  Correctly sees my internal zip drive (250MB) and fstab shows the
> following:
> /dev/hdb4               /mnt/zip                auto
> noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
>
> This worked under RH9 but when I try to mount unde FC2 it locks up the
> system necessitating a  manual reboot.
>
> I've tried running modprobe ppa but get an error message :
> FATAL: Error inserting ppa
> (/lib/modules/2.6.1-1.65/kernel/drivers/scsi/ppa.ko): No such device
> Also tried substituting iim with the same result:
> FATAL: Error inserting imm
> (/lib/modules/2.6.1-1.65/kernel/drivers/scsi/imm.ko): No such device
>
> Any ideas on what the problem is here?
>
> Also sees my sound card by get no sound, system or otherwise.  I will
> attempt to install ALSA to see if that works.  My primary concern is
> getting the zip drive functional.
>
> Tom

My internal zip 250 works fine. Fstab contains the following line.

/dev/hdd4               /mnt/zip                auto    noauto,owner 0 0

I type "mount /mnt/zip" and all is happy.

This is an IDE device, you don't need any scsi modules or parallel port
drivers. The ide driver is all you need, unless you're trying to do some
funny ide-scsi driver tricks at boot time.

Sorry I can't really help.

Regards,

John