yum oddity

Stan Bubrouski stan at ccs.neu.edu
Sat Mar 27 13:12:57 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 07:31, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just done a yum update and had this come back
>
> Server: Fedora Core 1.91 - i386 - Unreleased Updates Testing
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> Resolving dependencies
> .Package XFree86 needs XFree86-libs = 4.3.0-62, this is not available

maybe the XFree86 rpm(s) were not removed from the database either
because the uninstall failed, or your rpmdb is a little screwed up.

First rpm -qa | grep -i XFree86

This should show you if any XFree86 packages failed to uninstall or be
removed from the db.

If their are still any XFree86 rpms backup your rpmdb and do a 'rpm -e
XFree86-whatever'

then 'rpm db --rebuilddb' to be sure your DB is ok then retry yum.

If there aren't any XFree86 packages then I dunno man :

-sb