ldconfig errors when doing a 'yum update'

Erik Williamson erik at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Mon Mar 1 13:23:06 UTC 2004

Hi All,

On a box upgraded from FC1 -> FC2 test 1 (via yum), then updated daily
with the development tree:

I'm getting the following when updating:
/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libboost_signals-gcc-1_31.so.1.31.0 is not a
symbolic link

I get lots of these, mentioning different libraries.  System is running
just fine though.

While the error makes sense - Is there something I'm missing?  Something
that I need to do?  Looks like the mailing list search is broken, please
forgive if this has already been answered.

Thanks!
e.

e r i k   w i l l i a m s o n                     erik at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
  system admin . department of computer science . university of calgary