Nautilus problems

Marcus Schuetz biped at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 02:44:37 UTC 2004

I am running nautilus 2.5.8-1 and I have a couple of problems. Before I
run off to bugzilla I wanted to check if anybody else is seeing this or
has a solution.

1. Trash is gone. Even though it's checked in gconf to be visible I have
no icon for it on the desktop

2. Context menu for Home is missing the Browse folder option right after
startup. It's there for My Computer and after I open my home folder in
spatial mode it appears.

3. Some of my nautilus scripts are misbehaving e.g. Open with gedit from
http://g-scripts.sourceforge.net/ no longer works:

#!/bin/bash
#
# Nautilus script -> open gedit
filesall=""
while [ $# -gt 0 ]
	do
		files=`echo "$1" | sed 's/ /\?/g'`
		filesall="$files $filesall"
		shift
	done
gedit $filesall&

now tries to open the selected file in ~ instead of the current directory.

:: Marcus