Pb with fedora distrib and compaq NC4000 laptop

Erich Hoover ehoover at mines.edu
Wed Mar 3 01:49:43 UTC 2004

I don't know about ACPI, but sound and USB should be fixable.

For Sound:
Run the tool in "System Settings" called "Soundcard Detection", it should be able to find your soundcard and configure it.

For USB:
If you can't use ANY USB devices then the host controller isn't getting loaded properly, try adding the line:
alias usb-controller uhci-hcd
to the file '/etc/modprobe.conf' in order to have the system load the host controller.

Hope that helps!

 <http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com>