Login slowness & NFS problems

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Wed Mar 3 13:30:41 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 20:38, Mike Chambers wrote:
> With the lastest couple of kernels in rawhide, it seems when logging
> into them via ssh, at least, they are very slow.  I added selinux=0 to
> the .110 kernels and that seems to help.

Upgrading to .118 from rawhide seems to fix the problem, even while
taking out the selinux=0 and reenabling it.

> I also noticed that using .116 kernels that NFS doesn't seem to work,
> which I believe someone already mentioned in a previous email.

Same as above, .118 kernel version seems to now work as well.

I did notice looking through dmesg at the selinux messages, and wasn't
sure if I was actually running it or not..

Security Scaffold v1.0.0 initialized
SELinux:  Initializing.
SELinux:  Starting in permissive mode
There is already a security framework initialized, register_security
failed.
Failure registering capabilities with the kernel
selinux_register_security:  Registering secondary module capability

(thought I saw something about a diff mode to run it?)

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"You think it's funny until someone gets hurt...Then it's hilarious!"