up2date fails after update - please help!

Brian Krahmer brian at krahmer.com
Thu Mar 4 23:44:12 UTC 2004

I'm seeing the same problems as Christian.  Hopefully we can arrive at the
solution instead of talking about which tool we should be running.  :)  It
appears to be python related, but I know absolutely nothing about python, so
I'm stuck...  There are two applications which show problems below.

[root at selkirk brian]# yum update

Unable to find pid
Server: Fedora Core 1.90 - Development Tree
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 30, in ?
    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/share/yum/yummain.py", line 253, in main
    clientStuff.download_headers(HeaderInfo, nulist)
  File "/usr/share/yum/clientStuff.py", line 919, in download_headers
    cachedbdict = returnCacheDBHeaders(nulist)
  File "/usr/share/yum/clientStuff.py", line 901, in returnCacheDBHeaders
    mi = cachedb.dbMatch()
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'cachedb' referenced before assignment

[root at selkirk brian]# system-config-network

Original exception was:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/system-config-network-gui", line 269, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/sbin/system-config-network-gui", line 179, in main
    handleException(sys.exc_info(), PROGNAME, PRG_VERSION)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/rhpl/exception.py", line 291, in
handle
Exception
    fs = FileSelection(_("Please specify a file to save the dump"))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/rhpl/exception.py", line 209, in
__init
__
    import gnome.ui
ImportError: /usr/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.0: undefined symbol:
gtk_file_chooser_set_
folder_mode