ATi Drivers in 2.6.x

Bob Chiodini chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 5 11:34:40 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 03:48, Richard Klemm wrote:
> Richard Duncan wrote:
>
> > I have been using the ATi drivers......
>

> > Anyone using the ATi drivers in FC2-test1 and have 3D acceleration
> > working?  What do I need besides the kernel source, gcc, glib, and
> > XFree86?  I've updated all the packages available for FC2-test1.
> >
> > Richard Duncan
> >

> Hi Richard
>
> I tried to compile the ATI-Drivers too.  (Radeon 9100)
> I get an Bad Address on fglrx.ko when i try to load the module.
> Everyone an idea?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Richard Klemm

This is not the best solution while testing a new distribution, but you
could either back off to an older Fedora kernel, or get a stock kernel
from kernel.org.  I'm running the stock 2.6.3 with the fglrx module w/o
problems.  The later Fedora-Test kernels also produces the bad address
error for me.
---
Bob Chiodini
Senior Engineer