new package: gnome-netstatus

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Fri Mar 5 11:52:16 UTC 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 05:34, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I added the gnome-netstatus applet to Raw Hide a few days ago. I'd
> appreciate it if people could test it out and give me feedback, either
> by mail or (preferably) through bugzilla.
>
> -----------
>         The Network Monitor is a little applet which sits on your
> panel flashing away at you so as to give you an idea of whats
> happening on your network interface.
>
>         It also has a little dialog to give you more information about
> the network interface.
The display on the panel has two terminal-like images but only monitors a
single interface.  If, as I suspect, the two "terminals" are intended to
display input and output, you might want to use different colors or something
to differential between input and output.

I did notice a small problem (I will try to remember to bugzilla it later) --
when you bring up the applets properties and hit the configue button, it
invokes network configuration but does not switch to root first.
--
Gene