x86_64 iso's for Test 2

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Fri Mar 5 12:36:00 UTC 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 07:10, Pau Aliagas wrote:
> How can I help better, fc1-test1 + recompiling updates, or development and
> keep on upgrading? It looks like test2 will be based on devel, so maybe
> it's better to test it and file bugs.

Right now, I believe we are in a "hurry up and wait" situation as far as FC1
x86_64 is concerned.  Justin and the Red Hat folks are trying to move it
forward but it has not been annouced yet.  I keep hoping "real soon now".

My experience with development (i386) is a bit rough right now -- I cannot get
it to install. So I am continuing to test by updating FC1-test1 (although by
now any resemblence to the original is pretty much gone).  The trouble with
x86_64 is that there is no FC2-test1 version so you need to install from
development.  While you may be able to do an update from FC1-test1 x86_64 to
the development level, this may or may not be very meaningful (IMHO).
--
Gene