ess soundcard not detected

Dave Waller dwaller at precisiondrive.com
Fri Mar 5 14:48:11 UTC 2004

Well I have done a bit more and I have the module that I am supposed to load
/lib/modules/2.6.3-1.118/kernel/sound/isa/snd-es18xx.ko
But modprobe loads it with an error
FATAL: Error inserting snd_es18xx
(/lib/modules/2.6.3-1.118/kernel/sound/isa/snd-es18xx.ko): No such device
So I bet I have to have some IO/DMA settings for this isa probably PNP
device.
I found a alsaconf script and ran that and it got the module loaded but
it still was not useable, I am guessing that either I am missing a link
in /dev (dev/mixer) or permissions are wrong on the /dev entries.

Dave