x86_64 iso's for Test 2

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat Mar 6 00:22:08 UTC 2004

Jesse Keating writes:

> On Friday 05 March 2004 09:51, lewt at warcry.com wrote:
>> Perhaps there's a boot option I should be using?  Anyone know which?
>
> No, mine got autodetected.  Are you using the official Fedora Core 1
> x86_64 (released today) ?

That's funny, I think I'm subscribed to all announcement mailing list, and I
can't seem to find any announcement.  The first I've heard of it was on
linuxtoday.com, and I have no idea where they got it from; furthermore the
links in linuxtoday.com's annnouncement -- at least the ones to duke.edu, is
pointing to the update directory for x86_64-recompiled versions of x86 FC1
errata.  http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/x86_64/os/
doesn't really look like the full installation tree to me…

>From looking at the master download directory on redhat.com, it looks like
x86_64 installs the 2174 kernel build.

If this is the same 2174 kernel I downloaded off duke.edu two weeks ago,
then I already know that it's going to be blowing chunks.  Big, juicy
chunks.  I think I'd rather wait for things to begin moving in Bugzilla, and
hope that FC2 will be more stable.