disable IPV6?

Derek Tattersall dlt at mebtel.net
Sat Mar 6 12:13:08 UTC 2004

* Brian Krahmer (brian at krahmer.com) [040306 06:39]:
> From: "Brian Krahmer" <brian at krahmer.com>
> To: "Fedora (E-mail)" <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: disable IPV6?
> Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:02:11 -0800
>
> > Curious why more people haven't reported this. Is it card
> > related? Network related? Is IPV6 on for everyone, but for
> > some reason it's not causing everyone a problem?
>
> Personally, I would like to see an option in the setup for whether you want
> to enable IPV6 or not, with the default being Not.  At least, until IPV6
> becomes a reality for mainstream users.
>
> I noticed that we are both on comcast.  I didn't play around with nslookup
> or dig, but perhaps comcast' dns servers are actually returning IPV6
> addresses for some hosts.  If we're getting v6 addresses, but can't connect
> to them because we haven't got a tunnel set up, it would explain the delays,
> as it attempts a v6 connection, fails, then falls back to v4.
>
> brian
>

> --

    I've found that ad.doubleclick.net does not properly handle AAAA
    queries.  The progressively longer timeouts occur until the maximum
    number  arrive, and the requestor shrugs and continues in ipv4.  The
    problem is actually with doubleclick.  If they'd just fix their
    DNS...
--
Derek Tattersall   | Accordion, n.:  A bagpipe with pleats.

dlt at mebtel.net     |

dlt666 at yahoo.com   |