system hangs on "enabling swap space" FC2test1 Kernel 2.6.3-2.1.240

Richard Ayer III rwa1 at cec.wustl.edu
Sat Mar 6 21:11:02 UTC 2004

I saw them; /usr/share/gdm/themes/Bluecurve/icon-language.png is the same
file it complains about for me. I thought it had to do with the fact that I
had also installed libpng-1.2.5 for use with xine (which doesn't work btw);
but I removed it and that didn't fix the problem. I feel like the problem
has something to do with libpng and/or how X interfaces with it (because of
the issues I had with graphical up2date and gkrellm before rebooting); but I
have no idea how to figure out whether or not thats the case, and then fix
it. cpuspeed doesn't work for me either; I have an Athlon XP 1800+. As for
the mouse, I'm not sure. The only problem I've had thus far is that
/etc/X11/XF86config needed to have the line with "/dev/psaux" changed to
"/dev/input/mice"; X should have been crashing for you if that weren't
already set, but you might check it anyway. Hopefully other people will
start seeing this problem, and comparing system configs will help solve.
For anyone else, check out bug #117658 and see what you think; TIA.

Richard Ayer III