Kernel update kills X

Peter Onion Peter.Onion at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 7 13:16:56 UTC 2004

I'm new to Fedora, so plese bare with me if I'm a bit behind with
stuff.  (I normally run SuSE 9.0 but that's just too stable :-)

Anyway....

I've installed FC2-test1 and updated up2date, and the kernel to
2.6.3-2.1.240.  However this has killed X.

Hardware is a VIA MII-10000 (C3 Nehemiah core) with CLE-266 graphics,
but X is set to use the VESA driver.

I've made the symbolic link changes to fix the mouse driver, and even
upgraded the XFree86 packages, but when X tries to start the machine
stops-dead.  Power cycle needed to get it going again.

All works OK with 2.6.1-1.65 from the install from the isos

Peter