no /etc/security/selinux/src/policy/file_contexts/file_contexts

Tom Needs a Hat Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 8 19:23:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 08:45:35AM +0100, Götz Reinicke wrote:

> Hi, I installed for tests Fedora Core 2 Test 1 on a Dell Poweredge 1650
> SMP Server. I Tried to install the latest dev-kernel
> (kernel-smp-2.6.3-2.1.242.i686.rpm) and get the following message:
>
> /etc/security/selinux/src/policy/file_contexts/file_contexts
>
> Whats wrong? Missing? ...
>
> Thanks for hints.

Nothing is wrong.  Nothing vanilla is missing.

These messages are because "Test" contains hooks for Security
Enhancements (SELinux) that are under test.

For most of us SELinux is even more bleeding edge than Test.  You do
not need to or want to install SELinux packages/ patches unless you
have a spare test system and a serious chunk of time to explore and
learn SELinux.  The curious may wish to look at:

     http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/index.cfm
     http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/

I expect these messages will vanish for standard installs for FC2.
For now they are harmless noise (unless you want the enhancements).

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	mitch48-at-sbcglobal-dot-net