ATI Radeon Drivers can't use FC2 RPM kernels

Erich Hoover ehoover at mines.edu
Tue Mar 9 04:25:19 UTC 2004

Unless someone knows something I don't I cannot find a way to get the
FC2 RPM kernels to work with the ATI Radeon drivers even after following
the instructions for enabling and disabling kernel options.  RedHat says
"we don't support proprietary drivers" but the drivers work fine with a
vanilla kernel (tested w/ 2.6.4 RC2).  Just a warning to anyone else
trying to get these drivers to work, go download a vanilla kernel and
use that instead (this guide helps:
http://www.rage3d.com/content/articles/atilinuxhowto/).