USB scanner not working

Randy L Schrickel randysch at comcast.net
Tue Mar 9 17:02:09 UTC 2004

Sandy Pond wrote:

> Are you using FC2 test1 because this didn't work for my epson scanner?
> It did work for FC1, RH9, RH8 ...

Yep. Fresh install from CD the day after it was released, with no
updates since (I've tried updating with both yum and up2date, both
fail miserably. I've done some/most of the things mentioned here to
fix it, no luck. But that's not the point of this post. ;)

> On my rawhide updated FC2 test1 the /etc/sane.d/hp.conf has his scanner
> list properly by usb vendor and model and "scanimage -L" finds his
> scanner so I doubt this is the problem.

Sounds like you're right. I don't think I did a "scanimage", but dmesg
showed it was there.

randy