Policy?! I don't need no stinking policy!

Brian Millett bpm at ec-group.com
Tue Mar 9 19:14:53 UTC 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 17:11:29 +0000
Paul Nasrat <pauln at truemesh.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 11:13:17AM -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
> > If user runs with selinx=0 in grub, then should user still see
> > messages about missing files etc, like the one I see whenever I run
> > rpm -[Ui] *.rpm?
> >
> >   /etc/security/selinux/src/policy/file_contexts/file_contexts:
> >   No such file or directory
>
> Yes you will see that atm, don't panic.
>
> >   That pathname is unknown to the most recent rpmdb-fedora.
>
> strange it's owned by policy-1.7-8 here

Ok, well I do not have policy installed.  I wonder how many other packages are needed for selinux that are not installed?  Do you have a list?  I guess it is not a dependency, or it would have been installed with the latest kernel.

Thanks.
--
Brian Millett  -  Technologist Rex
"Ambassador, I've learned the hard way that governments deal in matters