Minor niggle with CUPS

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 09:31:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:59:30AM +0000, Patrick Caulfield wrote:

> The Info field for all printers created by print manager is
> "Created by redhat-config-printer 0.6.x".
>
> This is less than helpful when viewing shared printers on a Mac
> running OS/X as that seems to be the field it chooses to display !
> Is there any chance of making the Info field more desciptive of the
> printer ?

The reason is does this is that queues created by the GUI tool need to
be marked in some way as belonging to it -- this is so that when
queues are deleted they stand a chance of getting cleaned up.  If we
had a GUI tool that was not tied to alchemist this wouldn't be an
issue.

Please file a bug in bugzilla about this, to remind me to think of
other possible ways to deal with it.

Thanks,
Tim.
*/