up2date failed.. trying yum..

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 09:45:45 UTC 2004

hey guys..

after my initial problem yesterday of the linux-lsb and balsa updates..
I got that resolved..

I got up2date downloading the rest of the updates (1.9Gb) in 1466
updates.. *chuckles*

after it did all that.. this morning, before it installed them.. it
crashed..

so.. I tried it through the console:

"up2date --nox -u --exclude=balsa"

at least this uses the 1.9Gb already downloaded.. however it fails with:

"python: rpmio_internal.h:497: c2f: Assertion `fd && fd->magic ==
0x04463138' failed."

so am stuck..

I had an idea of using yum instead but I don't want to have to download
another 1.9Gb.. lol

I was wondering if I could just copy the contents of /var/spool/up2date
into the /var/cache/yum directories.. the rpm's in packages and the .
hdr's into the headers dir.. or is this too simplistic and wishful
thinking? lol

If not does anyone have any other suggestions?

TIA

Craig