up2date failed.. trying yum..

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Wed Mar 10 10:22:55 UTC 2004

Craig Tinson wrote:

>I had an idea of using yum instead but I don't want to have to download
>another 1.9Gb.. lol
>
>I was wondering if I could just copy the contents of /var/spool/up2date
>into the /var/cache/yum directories.. the rpm's in packages and the .
>hdr's into the headers dir.. or is this too simplistic and wishful
>thinking? lol

i do not know

>If not does anyone have any other suggestions?

if you really have all the  rpm´s
eg.
# up2date --configure   (keep the packages after installation)
# up2date-nox  -d
$ wget -cr  ftp|http://url/to/develoment

i would prefer  rpm
eg.
# rpm -Fvh /path/to/rpm

be carefully with  kernel, glibc
$ rpm -qa --qf "%{arch} %{name}\n" | grep -i
"kernel\|glibc"

i386 glibc-devel
i386 glibc-common
i386 glibc-kernheaders