VMware with FC2T1

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 10 16:02:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Ben Steeves wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 10:45, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
> >   and i'm assuming that, if you install a 2.6 kernel from source, "build"
> > goes back to being a symlink to the source tree?  makes sense if that's
> > what's happening.
>
> Nope.  I  just installed the kernel-source RPM -- build is still its own
> directory.  Kernel-source didn't appear  to touch it at all.

sorry, i was being unclear.  i didn't mean just installing the kernel
source rpm, i meant installing a new 2.6 kernel from the source tree,
which would create a new /lib/modules directory, etc, etc.

if you do that, i'm assuming that the "build" directory in that new
/lib/modules directory would then be a symlink back to the source tree.

rday