My problems with FC2 test1

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Sun Mar 14 05:17:30 UTC 2004

Swamper wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>Swamper wrote:

>>>I have the same problem with my linksys router and needed to boot
>>
>>I had to boot into that "other" (2.4) kernel version. I reset the router
>>and tried other things to the router before I figured out the issue is
>>with the 2.6 kernel.
>>
>>First broken 3com card, then "busted router" issues.
>>
>>Does anyone know if somethong has been submitted to linksys to correct
>>the problem yet? (Firmware upgrade)
>

> I don't get this; if it worked with 2.4 and is broke with 2.6
> then WTF does this have to do with linksys?  Sounds like it has
> something to do with the Fedora updates included with this new
> kernel version.  Am I correct in assuming that the kernel itself
> is not being developed in the project?

I guess with ECN being set to off, it didn't matter that ECN was broken.
  This is from what I read from other earlier email to this list or
development.

I went ahead and checked out the website for my router and flashed the
december 2003 upgrade into it.

I'll try to connect to the router from FC2 T1 using the 2.6 kernel and
before running the command that was given earlier today to the list.
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
This sounds easier than having to boot into windows or into a 2.4 kernel.

Related to linksys. I saw some information related to GPL sources
available and a penguin on their site. Has anyone used this gpl code and
is it for the larger scale routers? Any luck with the source codes?

http://www.linksys.com/support/gpl.asp

Jim