My problems with FC2 test1 screen/px/sync

Thomas Molina tmolina at cablespeed.com
Sun Mar 14 14:42:32 UTC 2004

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, [iso-8859-1] João wrote:

> Hi
> could you please check xdpyinfo regarding you sreen dimensions in x y mm?
> And if what appears is really your screen dimension?
> If not measure it in mm and you can put it in XF86Config into the monitor
> section as
> DisplaySize 286 216
> (put your mm here)
>
> There are several issues about and I got curious if your's has to do with it
> also.

The XF86Config which was generated during system install gave the screen
size as 340x270, and xdpyinfo says it is 338x271.  My gross measurements
with tape says the latter is probably more accurate, depending on where
you start/stop measuring.  Changing XF86Config doesn't help.  I still get
a shift when going between X and text consoles.  Given that my "stable"
system doesn't exhibit this, I'm unlikely to recompile X as Alan
suggested.