rhgb not working

Eric Wertman wertmane at comcast.net
Sun Mar 14 15:46:12 UTC 2004

I've done some upgrading and made some changes to my Fedoora Core2 test, in
the following vein:

Yum updated to the latest development tree
Compiled and installed Xfree 4.4
Compiled and installed Kernel 2.6.4

Other than one or two OpenGL screensavers no longer working, the only issue
I'm having is with rhgb.  I've verified the settings in /etc/sysconfig/init,
and I've even re-installed the rhgb package, but still doesn't work. The
grub line looks ok.. Has rhgb appended.

My question, really, is what is required for it to work?  I feel pretty
certain that it would be due to the kernel change before the others. I get
the console in fb mode, so I would think that is the primary requirement.

Any suggestions?  Rhgb seems to not have a man page.

Thanks!