Install FC2-test1-i386 problem

Steve_McCarthy at Ademco.com Steve_McCarthy at Ademco.com
Mon Mar 15 13:21:17 UTC 2004

I am trying to install FC2-test1 on a Dell Poweredge 2500 (Uniprocessor, No
Raid - IDE Cdrom/Diskette - SCSI hard drive).

MD5SUMS on iso and CD match release

If I boot Fedora install CD and run "linux mediatest",  Fedora CD's fail as
well as an RH9 install CD.

If I boot RH9 install CD and run "linux mediatest", both the RH9 and Fedora
CD pass.

I have installed and run RH9 on this machine with no problems.

Fedora installation fails early in anaconda startup.

ALT-F4 shows spurios interrupt 8259a when testing CD's booted from Fedora CD
not RH9.
I've also tried disabling all peripherals (serial/parallel/USB/diskette) in
BIOS with same results.